How many cubes can your tray hold?

A flip down is what I would’ve done if they didn’t fit, but trying to perfect a flip down seems somewhat difficult

2 Likes

Well, yours doesnt flip passively at all? Also, I believe 1961z’s (@vexreally) robot does flip down. My tray is getting issues with the c-channels fitting in the size limit Size limit fitting

Yea no flip down, it just tucks into the bottom of the bot and when the match starts its coded to go to the right height to pick the cubes up. I wouldn’t know how to flip them down lol

2 Likes

Idk, I didnt do it
20char

1 Like

Bro I’ve seen a middle school team (369A) do 13 cubes already. Definitely legit to include high numbers

4 Likes

Our tray can hold 7 cubes

1 Like

my tray is actually a verticle intake on a dr6b but it still holds 6-7 so i voted should i unvote??

Interesting poll, I’m curious how skewed the results are from answers of 20 though.

There is a team in Michigan that has a tray that can hold 16 cubes and I think its also on a dr4b but I don’t remember.

1 Like

Nah, my team is doing something similar

Yeah, 369A is very good, but usually they only put up 9 at most.

2 Likes

These teams are starting to get some really high stacks, and it’s pretty early in the season. I’m betting by worlds, stacks of ten are going to be pretty common from the higher tier teams.
6 Likes

I honestly have no idea where the game is going to progress from here, field clearing is already happening. we haven’t had a game where the field was getting cleared in October yet, so it’s hard to say what will happen next.

1 Like

I think strategies are going to get more complicated. If you look at the Clash in the Canyon finals the red team won due to the fact that they scored orange cubes in towers. Scoring the most the fastest isn’t going to be everything. 1437Z isn’t the fastest scoring robot, but he had a very complimentary design to its partner, and it played colors while 369A focused on scoring fast. Blue lost due to the fact that it ignored towers. 3324V was an obviously faster scorer than 1437Z, and 599A was on par with 369A, but the orange cubes in the towers tipped the scale in reds favor. So strategies are going to get very complicated very fast I think.

1 Like

but then again as robots get even faster towers might lose some of their value. you opponent isn’t just going to drop cubes after descoring them, so you either have to leave plenty of cubes of your color for use in towers, or ignore towers altogether.

4 Likes

I agree, and if you look at the China National event match I posted, one of the blue team actually spits a bunch of purple and green cubes out in their protected zone, effectively storing them until they need them. This strategy can work really well for tower bots for that reason.
I also don’t believe that the tilter design will ever be quick enough at descoring towers to be that kind of threat. Other tower bots might, but that still leaves tower bots as a vital resource for the match. And out of the two strategies that you mentioned saving a few cubes for towers has the most point potential than just ignoring towers. This is just a way of showing how strategies are going to evolve though. It’s definitely gonna be interesting.

4 Likes