How to build wheelie bar?

Hey we need some way to build a wheelie bar but have no idea how to build it. Can we get some help?

1 Like

make a pivot on your base and use c channel with a omni wheel or something, then put rubber bands on it and when something is moved, the bands will force the channel to flip out and add a stoppie for the anti tips.
51 AM

Like this… And yes we fixed the issue of them looking like that lol

Also if you run into seize issues, don’t be afraid to cut one Omni in half

4 Likes

yeah. trust us.

1 Like

Another very basic fix is to have standoffs about a 1/4 inch off the ground so if you do tip it will be only a 1/4 inch (not recommended but will work in a pinch)

Not to digress too much, but one solution to your issue might be that your center of gravity isn’t as far forward as it could be. I’ve found that placing the battery and brain as low and close to the front of the tray as possible can make tipping almost impossible. My tray capacity is 9 with basically a 45 degree angle, and I don’t use anti-tips.

2 Likes

This is the biggest thing. Even add additional steel to the front if you feel the need to weigh down the front of your chassis. Just remember that if you are running full omniwheel drivetrains, your center of mass will change, and your autonomous will not behave the same, since you will turn around a point further forwards than before.

2 Likes

This is especially viable nowadays thanks to how powerful v5 drives are. Weighing a lot isn’t a downside, but being back-heavy definitely is.

1 Like