How to stay on the Centre Platform

Hello, does anyone have any ideas of how to not get pushed off the Centre Platform? Thanks!

0 Likes

The rubber traction tires tend to work really well on the platforms as what I’ve heard. I would suggest only using two tires instead of 4-6 mainly because they have a lot of, you know, traction :).

0 Likes

We have a worm gear connected to a plate with antislip mats which elevate the robot and because of the mats prevent it from being pushed. Uses 1 motor and we’ve had no problems with it.

0 Likes

If you have a 4 motor V5 base, you could implement a PID system that pushed against any changes.

0 Likes

There was a robot in 3 days documentary that had a brake that would press against the floor. That’s my main idea right now.

0 Likes

Do you mean this one? https://youtu.be/aInhRRiSF7E?t=17s

0 Likes

Yeah that one. There would have to be a work around for the pneumatics, but thats the general idea (similar to what @SpencerVaughan said)

0 Likes

Something similar to that, we did it with one motor and we are using pneumatics, we aren’t using v5 however which is why we can get away with it :confused:

0 Likes

Is your bot still in 18 even after being elevated?

0 Likes

Yeah it just raises it so the wheels are slightly above the floor, fits in 18” easily.

0 Likes

Nice

0 Likes

I really wouldn’t bother with the center platform. There are more points to be earned from playing the game the whole time.

0 Likes

That is true, but there’s still a big factor with the center platform… When it gets more competitive I am certain that there will always be someone who parks before a match ends. Whether it’s your alliance or not, someone is most probably going to be getting that 6 points, which 2 parks in the center platform is 28% of the maximum score possible. And that’s assuming that your opponents are not scoring what-so-ever.

0 Likes