How unlucky are you


That’s deep. You should have been able to call the “no video evidence” card on that and get away with it. (Learning your lesson, of course)


On Saturday, we were center parked and had a ball in the launcher and messing around shot it and nailed a ref in the head…




I finally got my flywheel to work properly, and immediately someone in the lip.


I had a wheelie bar on my senior year robot that didn’t deploy in the Arts divisional finals. We had ran that robot thousands of times and never hadn’t it fail UNTIL the division finals.

  • I was in dysfunctional teams 3 years in a row
  • My teammate torn down my ITZ DR4B (last year)
  • Lack of club funding to compete in RECF

Fun stuff :slight_smile:




Hitting 3 flags with 1 ball is the new meta.


We fell off the platform and ended up losing the finals match. We would have beat them easily if it was bo3


this is great


Back when I was terrible at driving ITZ, I made the mistake of spending a lot of time on one MoGo stack. Anyway, I stacked externally, and in the last 30 seconds (put in zone and park) I tipped all but 2 cones off. It was a sad match.


oof I couldn’t stack all that high so wasn’t really a risk for me. this was the year I learned that a 4 motor hs drive not using omnis wasn’t gonna cut it on those foam tiles


Contradictorally, this was the year I learned a 4 motor hs drive with one set of omnis would cut it. Tried it with traction wheels last year and gave up on the concept due to time constraints.


with omnis, yes. not with traction tho… our robot’s drive train was wearing out by the last few matches.
this year got a 6 wheel drive, 6 hs motors, 4 omnis, 2 tractions, and it works great on that platform. the omnis give use smooth turning, but the tractions stop us from sliding around at all.


Last year on my old team at States, one of our team members who didn’t know much about the robot went to plug in the batteries, however, he didn’t know how, so he ended up plugging in the battery to when our tower went up, the battery was ripped out and thrown out of our robot. Surprisingly , with only our base able to function we were able to give the other team a run for their money, but still lost in the end.


Super we don’t have a robot


At the first competition we went to this year, our autonomous routine was drive towards the tilted cap (the one closest to the platforms) and drive backwards. When our robot contacted and push the cap just a tiny bit and drive back, the tilted cap would then be scored for our alliance.

What ended up happening (twice) at the competition, was our robot drove too far and scored the tilted cap for the other alliance (we didn’t cross the center line, however). The sad part is, though, if the autonomous worked as intended in both matches, we would’ve won the autonomous bonus, and very likely the match as well (one match was tied, the other we lost by one point).


This happened yesterday:
3249A: Huh you guys are probably the farthest along in the class.
Me: Oh really, thanks lol

Me, 20 minutes later: You jinxed us… we just had to start a complete rebuild.
3249A, looking at our “bot”: Oh RIP


We were doing a “scrimmage” (fundraiser) in front of business people, and our Vexnet didn’t work. We had three or four matches where multiple robots were unable to move. (we still raised at least $200 though)


I had my first tournament of the season today, and my team’s luck was hilariously inconsistent.

Before the competition, we had programmed a 4-4 autonomous for our Cortex bot (4 points scored, 4 points descored) that flipped a high flag, low flag, and a cap. However, in our third match, one of our motors had its power output drop by about 10%. This caused the autonomous to go about 5 degrees off to the left and get stuck against the flagpole, fail to retreat away from the low flag, raise its descoring arm as if it was in the expansion zone, toggle the middle flag, and get stuck in the net. All in all, we broke 3 rules and the flag was match affecting, causing us to get DQed in a round that should have been an easy win for us. We ultimately had to scrap the whole last part of our auto, leaving us with a 3-3 auto that didn’t always work due to the motor trouble (we didn’t have any spare motors in the club due to V5). However, we had a match immediately afterward, so we had to play that match with an autonomous that could potentially get us DQed. Nerve-wracking, but the bot didn’t get stuck because it was on the opposite side of the field and veered away from the flagpost instead.

Later in the match, we had 2 matches in a row. We played the first match well and swapped out the battery in preparation for the second. Unfortunately, that new battery died after the robot moved slightly, making us lose the match.

Ultimately, losing those two matches caused us to drop from 6th seed to 11th seed for alliance selection. At alliance selection, other teams (particularly alliances 5-7) for whatever reason decided to go with weaker teams from their own school rather than pick our robot, so we ultimately got 8th seed (at an 8-alliance competition) and had to choose from a roster of robots that didn’t exactly work. We were pretty quickly knocked out by the top seed.

But here’s why my luck was inconsistent. Despite the bad tournament luck and getting 4th place in skills, we still qualified for states! At the end of the day, the 7 awards that qualified for states were split between just 4 robots. The remaining 3 spots went to the highest teams in the skills ranking who hadn’t already been given a spot, which meant that we were given the 6th spot (the 2nd place skills team had also already qualified).

Moral of the story: Old electronics that can randomly break on you are bad, while the skills challenge is incredibly OP. We’ve got over 3 months until states, so we’ll be using this time to rebuild with V5.