How unlucky are you

Chain on Cascade Lift snaps
Dontworryitstillworks.png
Hear a bit of a grinding noise, followed by another chain snapping
uhoh.png
realize its on our drivetrain (yes we use chain in our drive)
Driver panics, does some weird move + maneuver
wheel pops out of drive train because quality building
driver has mental breakdown
(This all happened in one match)

1 Like

We were in an ITZ semi-finals match, and we were doing really well when in the last 5 seconds our alliance partner tried to drop a stack of about 15 cones in the 20 point zone, but when they drove over the 10 point bar the robot tipped forward out of the arena resulting in a DQ for our alliance.

1 Like

At worlds for crossover we were qued up on the field but our radio broke but we didn’t know that we couldn’t fix it so they gave us a clawbot to drive.

1 Like

Our motors NEVER PTC in a practice match- but they somehow do in real matches.

One of our sister teams made it to the finals 2 times but lost both.

0 Likes

Every competition I went to this season, something major broke on our robot during the 3rd match. First competition, cortex died third match. Another competition, our robot caught on fire during the third match. At states, our lift broke third match. At WPI, the collars on our roller intake became lose and sent rubber bands and spacers all over the field.

2 Likes

My team lost a match due to auton. Our auton scored 6 points while the other team scored 1 but our alliance went over the line. It was tragic.

2 Likes

That’s not true… They shouldn’t have to but there’s no limit in the software.

1 Like

Having every possible thing go wrong at state consisting of code failure, underpreformiing driver, and terrible alliances.

0 Likes

Please don’t bring that up again lol

0 Likes

Mine’s breaking an axle in half

1 Like

I saw this thread being revived and I knew someone would bring this up

0 Likes

My team’s robot keeps on falling apart due to shoddy construction. I don’t mean a screw falling off or the occasional shaft collar. I mean the robot splitting in half (No damage to the parts thank God) and the subsequent automatic disassembly of our robot as we make it wiggle and squirm to try to get some movement to no avail, that is how team b does things.

5 Likes

Alexa play depacito.
(Sorry, I had to do it)

0 Likes

Our auton never fully works, no matter how many times it’s tested.

1 Like

*Laughs in rigged feild*

Inside joke between @Doer’s school and mine

4 Likes

During In the Zone we plugged the partner controller into the field not the actual controller. Good Times.

0 Likes

For those of you who don’t know already, rigged field is a joke in the AZ MS Community as nobody’s auton worked at the AZ MS states.

0 Likes

So we’re in the round of 16 at our last event of the year for us. (I am a coach so I’m watching the drivers getting ready to drive).

Apparently their controllers weren’t working so I was going to try and help them after the match was done.

Turns out the plugged in the partner controller in wrong into one of the other ports which kept us from even connecting to the field.

0 Likes

Jokes on you, cause ours did.

0 Likes

Auton can’t fail if you don’t have one

5 Likes