Human Body with Vex Parts

Weird question - For a fun classroom project (teachers) - has anyone ever made a human body or doll or animal from vex parts (moving capability) and then 3D printed parts to glue on so it looks like something more than metal?

2 Likes

I have not, or know people that have, but it should work, I would just use the basic claw bot. Take the claw off. Then I would use the printed parts of your choice. Instead of supergluing it, I would make it so it could sit on the robot using a metal bar or something to hold it in place. If you want ideas for a class project, you are able to respond to me!

Sure! Send me project ideas!

your could try this design

3 Likes

IK its not vex but you could make it with vex parts

If you are looking for Robotics Projects specifically, and you have the parts you could:
Have races, working with gear ratios to make the faster bot, or slowest for an opposite race.
If you have a light sensor you could use black or a darker colored tape on the floor to try to guide the robot along a course.
You could have a Football (American Soccer) like game.
You could try to have your class do a Mock-SpinUp challenge.
Vex SpinUp

If you are working on design you could:
Create a new robot in general, and go for the tallest, flattest, or other parameters.
You could try designing a Vex Motorcycle bot, or something close to a motorcycle.