I Cleaned Up My VEX Parts!

I have a kind of unusual, but nonetheless pretty cool, job. I teach shop teachers how to be shop teachers… specifically I handle some of the electronics, material science and engineering aspects of teaching “shop” class. And that means I introduce my students to VEX, so that they might do the same with their high school students in a year or two.

One of the key things I stress is that you have to stay on top of high school students about putting their VEX parts away, or very soon the school’s custodial staff will be able to build a nicer robot than the students will. Sound familiar to anyone?

So my students have been really, REALLY, good about putting their VEX parts and robots away at the end of class, but one day I found a few shaft collars sitting on the floor! :eek:

I sent out an email to the class, pointing out this egregious oversight, and received the following video response…

British Columbia has some very cool and talented future shop teachers.

Jason

very cool video…:smiley:

With 20 teams we do have some parts on the floor every now and then…

But our marvelous custodians pick them up, and then put them in a box right by the door, so if your first to the room, you can go through the box and anything in there is available for your team…

Not only does this system discourage leaving parts on the floor, it encourages students to get to class early…