I need ideas for a storage system!

I need ideas for a storage system to store discs in the robot! Our current design only holds 2 discs at a time

Welcome to the forums!

Can you please send a picture of your current design? That would help me and others figure out what’s wrong.

3 Likes

Not about the storage, you will need to add an indexing area (Search on Youtube for ideas).

Please reinforce the Drivetrain with cross-bracing (a c channel that goes across the entire robot).
Also, 1x1 straps aren’t strong, especially in the way you are using them on the drivetrain.

Adding an indexer area is a place to store three discs, and you will need something to push/poke it out into the flywheel. An intake going almost straight up will be needed for this. Go look at the Marc Ri24hrs build on YouTube.

1 Like

I’ll provide a video of our current flywheel to give you an idea. You need to make an intake system that will drop the disks into some sort of basket, where a puncher like thing will ‘index’ the disc into the flywheel. Flywheel test - YouTube
(It’s not a very good example because it is an old design, but you should get the gist)

Hope this helps!