Ideas for horizontal expansion

We have an idea for a 4 motor drive, 2 motor intake that doubles as a spinner for the rollers, with a 1 motor flywheel and a piston. We have 1 motor leftover and we are trying to find horizontal expansion ideas. We are tied between using pneumatics or the last motor and if so what are we gonna actually do. We have seen strings and scissor lifts but those clash with our robot design if anyone has any other ideas please share :slight_smile:

I would say look at the pockets of space you have on your robot and make a list of what works. What I love about this endgame is that you CAN get crazy with it. Maybe Slide Rails? Ones that unfold?

2 Likes

I’d say strings are probably the most compact design on the entire list, if you just drop it and drag it across the floor. With enough string you can get a solid half the field covered. That’s gonna be done with our robot with pnuematics, and the last motor will either go to our flywheel or extra help for our turret (we don’t know yet). Scissor lift isn’t my favorite design but it could be used an interesting ways. However if both of these conflict with your design, I’d be interested to see what your design is.

1 Like

I’d recommend a giant antislip mat roll in the back and two scissor lift thingys on each side. if your not sure what i mean click here for the lift and here for antislip mat,.(this uses string but id rather mat b/c width). you can use your extra motor on antislip mat and use pneumatics with the lifts. you can make antislip mat passive but idk how hard it is. even though scissor lifts are, in my opinion, not as good as string/mat, it’s a secondary strat for when trapped. or you can use both. I’ve seen a net concept but not the mech on the bot so idk how that would work but is an option.

2 Likes

My idea was to have a gear ratcheted to the intake that would spin a c-channel to stop blocking part of a linear slide being pulled forward with rubberbands. The linear slide thing would be propelled forward with a string attached. You could also have multiple of these for more expansion.

1 Like