Ideas?!

Hello everyone! After a long fight our veteran bot Toby was totally destroyed at the last competition. Despite this, we were actually able to make it to state because of him. We have until March to figure out what to do and build a brand new bot to fight with at the state-level competition. The only problem is we have no idea what to do. Our region has a set of very strict rules we have to follow, and frankly, we have no idea what to do. If we continue on this path, we will be destroyed on the field.
Does anyone know a design ( instructions if possible ) that’s less than 18x18? ( The bot can have an extension that can reach up to 32 inches high ) It would be a GREAT help to start off our state-run.

With much love and appreciation,

~Team 48643A

2 Likes

Congratulations on the successful event! If you’re looking for “inspiration”, there are many VEX IQ and VRC robot reveals on youtube (search: VRC/VIQ robot reveal 2021). I would be careful asking for robot build instruction.

If I were you, I would carefully consider point values in scoring and create a strategy to maximize points. Then, build and test a robot which fits that strategy.

Good luck on your season!

4 Likes

What does this mean?

5 Likes

What game are you in? The thread is labeled as Vex IQ.

I would recommend reading the current year’s game manual.

8 Likes

FTFY

3 Likes

Hold up - is this for VRC?

I don’t know what they are talking about, but in VRC you have to start 18x18x18 inches and can expand up to 36 inches horizontal point to point.