If you would go to a competition anywhere in the world, where would you go?

Hey Forum! I have a fun/interesting question: If you would go to a competition anywhere in the world, where would you go? My place would be somewhere by a coast line like a beach. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

In the mountains in Japan. I’ve always wanted to go!

9 Likes

I would probably go to Michigan, just because I like it there, nothing special.

6 Likes

Signature event in Taiwan

7 Likes

In terms of already existing events, I would love to go to Us Open, but in terms of fantasy events, one in a skyscraper would be cool, with finals on a balcony or something, or maybe one on a cruise ship, just because it would make it so much more fun to strategise for.

12 Likes

I would really like one in europe.

4 Likes

NGL a cruise ship would be pretty interesting.

No Auton is safe. The waves come for all.

I think a match on the helipad of the Burj Al Arab would be pretty interesting and wouldn’t suffer from the Auton-destroying wave rocking.

Might need some shade though.

11 Likes

I’d go all the way to the Space Station, where the only legal ways of propulsion would be puffs of air from the pneumatic system and strategically throwing game objects in the direction of the opposing drive team, lolz.

14 Likes

Prob NYC or maybe somewhere in Asia or maybe Europe. I haven’t traveled much, and I think I’d be pretty cool to travel for a competition!

4 Likes

As a vexu competitor, I would love a local competition. One less than an hour away would be ideal, but any under 8 hours would be great.

9 Likes

Michigan has active and growing robotics programs. I expect you’ll see a signature event in Michigan soon.

4 Likes

Thats cool! Thanks for telling me!

1 Like

I’ve always found China interesting. I wonder what a comp there would be like :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I would love to go to literally any event within a few hours drive of my area (which we do), but especially a signature event. with luck, maybe my team will do hershey/sugar rush next year…

4 Likes

India probabaly, i guess

6 Likes

This sounds SICK. Triballs just flying off the roof and thrown around from the wind. It would be horrible to play at, but the vibe sounds AMAZING

1 Like

I would love to go to a VEX Robotics competition in my native country of Bangladesh! They have a large mall there that I think would be nice for a competition. I would also like to have more family and friends coming to support me and cheer me on, so I think that would be really cool! Bangladesh also really likes robotics in general.

6 Likes

A competition on Jupiter would be awesome.

6 Likes

But then all our water tanks for the 2024-2025 game “submersion” would freeze…

6 Likes

In that case, maybe a competition on K2-18 b would be more reasonable…

6 Likes