IMEs only showing 0 on debugger

I have been having a bit of trouble getting the IMEs going. I have installed them and set them up as per the instructions here

http://www.robotc.net/wiki/Tutorials/Programming_with_the_new_VEX_Integrated_Encoder_Modules

However when I download my program and look at the debugger window all i get are 0s next to the 12C_1 and 12C_2 ports. :confused:

I am using robot c 3.51 and all of my firmware is up to date

I have a couple of quick questions for you.

Is it showing the respective alias of each encoder in the Sensors debug window next to each I2C port (meaning, is I2C_1 showing ‘rightIME’ next to it)?

When the program is running, what color are the LED’s on the encoders? If they are orange, you will need to unplug the Encoders from the Cortex, plug them back in, and redownload the program to the Cortex.

Could you post the #pragma statements at the top of the code as well so I can take a look at them?

I had someone have a look at the encoders and it turns out the wires were just a little dodgy and were difficult to push in properly. Once they were pushed in properly they worked fine. Thanks anyway