Importance of Programming Skills for Change Up

Hi there. I was just wondering about the importance of having programming skills during the 1 minute period, not at the beginning of a match for Change up. How important is it to have a bigger Auton than when we start a match?
Thanks guys.

5 Likes

very important if you want to have a good skills run.

5 Likes

Skills is based on a combination of driver and programming, so you need to score highly in both.

3 Likes

I thinks as the Driver skills has already been maxed out in 2 weeks I think that we will be seeing only the teams with insane programming skills winning skills champs.

8 Likes

Thank you guys! This helped a lot

My prediction is that this year’s skills champion will almost certainly have position tracking on their robot. (i.e. you have to be pretty good)

6 Likes

That would be smart.

Is it necessary to use odom to get a perfect skills?

1 Like

Technically no. However, I do believe that any team who gets a perfect score this season will have used odom.

4 Likes

hmmm… I MAY just have to have my coder look into that then.

3 Likes

With the expected changes to skills in the May 25th update (as said in the recent webinar), I’m not sure how many teams will be maxing out both driver and programming. But I do believe that prog. skills will be the determining factor in who wins skills champs at many tournaments.

7 Likes

Ultimately skills boils down to programming skills, especially at worlds

2 Likes

In the webinar, did they say what they are changing? Do you have a link to this announcment?

1 Like

Grant did not reveal specifically what they were changing, but he did say that the issue with skills would be addressed in the May 25th update to the game manual.

7 Likes

Only 4 days away! Any ideas at all what the change is going to be?