Intakes struggle after a certain amount of cubes

Our intakes struggle after around 7 cubes or so, we have tried different designs of intakes but nothing really changed . I was wondering if any of you guys had this problem and were able to find a solution to it. If you did please enlighten me. (our tray can hold 10 cubes but I plan on expanding it if i can fix this problem )

Increase compression by moving your intakes closer together. Pictures would be appreciated.

1 Like

ill try to provide pictures tomorrow

We’ve been having the same issues, looking into a potential solution also

1 Like

This sounds like an issue with compression add rubber bands so your intakes can come out when you deploy and snap back into place

2 Likes

IMG_20200114_142421 IMG_20200114_142416
Sorry for the late response

your intake should be mostly paralell to tray. you want to intake cubes up your tray not just in.
you could get a better angle by mounting your intakes on top of your arms

1 Like

We use an intake lock so that the intakes don’t bend outward after intaking more cubes.

The biggest issue I have noted this season is intake angle in comparison to the vertical catch, and in this case, it appears your intake angle is too steep relative to the cube catch. Basically, the cubes are fighting gravity once you reach your current maximum cube set. We’ve had to move our towers and intakes several times to experiment with different angles, but the best option in my opinion is to place the intake as low as possible and as parallel to the cube catch as you can get it. If you can, moving the towers for the arm forward 1-2 spaces would probably make them more parallel, but as with anything, it’s always experimentation that does the job.

2 Likes

Try to support your rollers on top and on bottom to stop your intakes from cantilevering to the side. Compression looks fine though.