Is the clear sheet material allowed to be used in the competition?

I see the fasteners for sheet material is available but cannot find the material itself. I am not curious if it can be used in the competition machines?

Piggybacking on this thread, are we allowed to use the pieces from the VEX IQ Crossover (pieces of the bridge, etc.) on our VEX IQ Ringmaster robots?

The bridge, walls, and goals were made of standard VEX IQ parts, and are legal for use in competition robots.

However, I don’t know the answer to the original question. My guess is that the sheets are NOT legal.

Steve

I put an offical Q&A on the use of the crossover parts, no answer yet. So as of now, not legal

Foster,

The 6" by 6" plates (with the X in the middle) used to build the goals for Crossover ARE indeed legal, due to the “HexBug” rule in R6d, and its use in the “HexBug Ambush Striker”

Also, all the other snap together pieces from Crossover Goals, Fence & Bridge are legal too.

There is a question about the thin sheets of plastic. I suspect that the answer for them will be “NOT LEGAL”. However, the HexBug rule does make some other thin sheets of plastic that are part of HexBug kits legal.

See The Following HexBug Kits:

“HexBug VEX Ambush Striker”
“HexBug Kids VEX Pick Up & Drop Ball Machine”
“HexBug Kids VEX Hexcalator Ball Machine”
“HexBug Kids VEX Fork Lift Ball Machine”,
“HexBug Kids VEX Pick Screw Lift Ball Machine”
“HexBug VEX Snap Shot by Toy”

All of those have various shaped thin plastic sheets. Of course the R13 must be observed, no cutting or bending.

Paul

Thanks Paul about the 6" x 6" X plates, I didn’t know that they ware in the other kits. I normally just look at the cheaper / smaller kits for parts. We used the VEX logo sheet from the ping pong ball shooter, and that was approved by the inspector when they showed the instructions.

All of this is confusing because of the description of the Thin Sheet Attachment Pin.
This implies that it can be used with different sheet materials and integrate curves. It reads as follows…
Thin Sheet Attachment Pin (50-pack)
[RIGHT] [/RIGHT]
Attaches a thin sheet (up to 0.25mm / 0.010” thick paper, card stock, or plastic) to standard VEX IQ structure. Use a 6.35 mm / 0.25” drill or hole punch to incorporate ramps, custom curves, or other personalized elements into your VEX IQ creations.

There is now an appendix with all legal parts listed. I would advise your teams to be able to locate strange pieces in it during inspection. If the inspector can’t find it, it’s a no go. Do not assume that if an inspector approved something before that they were correct in doing so.

Hello,

Is there an official reply to the question anywhere in the forum? Can you use thick paper or card stock in robot design?

“All of this is confusing because of the description of the Thin Sheet Attachment Pin.
This implies that it can be used with different sheet materials and integrate curves. It reads as follows…
[FONT=inherit][FONT=arial]Thin Sheet Attachment Pin (50-pack)[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=inherit][FONT=arial]Attaches a thin sheet (up to 0.25mm / 0.010” thick paper, card stock, or plastic) to standard VEX IQ structure. Use a 6.35 mm / 0.25” drill or hole punch to incorporate ramps, custom curves, or other personalized elements into your VEX IQ creations.”

Kind Regards[/FONT][/FONT]

Official replies are done the the official Q&A. But, you cannot use thick paper or card stock as a functional part. If it’s not in the legal parts appendix, you can’t use it as a functional part.

Thanks, the documentation is very clear now. However, I am having problems finding the specific parts I need. I did a simple search on VEXIQ.com for “228-2500-158 Cable Anchor” and almost everything came up except the cable anchor. I thought the part number and description would be enough, but it does not appear to work. What is the best way to find a specific part?

A lot of stuff is not for sale individually, you would have to buy the hexbug kit to get the parts. I am also hoping that we can correlate the part with the kit, or just be able to buy the parts individually, like the 3x3 connector pins!