Items allowed on the robot

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

7 Likes

Well it should be, as it contains the rules and guidelines for what you are allowed to construct your robot with. I would highly recommend giving it a read before posting a question here, as it may be answered there.

5 Likes

Well you should look again. They definitely contain the answer to your question here.

6 Likes

I’ll give you a hint: R6, R7, and R8 will most definitely contain the answer to your question.

1 Like

18 Likes

Hello Captain Midnight, welcome to the community.

At the moment, many in the community are being less than helpful to someone new to robotics, not remembering that they too were once new to robotics and had newbie questions.

Before posting questions about the rules, however, you really do need to look at the game manual: (http://link.vex.com/docs/21-22/vrc/tipping-point/Game-Manual) but consider the following as you review it:

The game manual tell you things that you MUST do, and things that you are PROHIBITED from doing. It can’t tell you everything you might do, so if the game manual does not prohibit an action, then it is generally legal.

Questions about what materials are legal are found in the “robot” section of the manual, specifically R6, R7, and R8, as Luxemburg pointed out above. Depending on how familiar you are with the VEX platform, you may need to reference the VEX web site to see what all VEX products are legal. This link takes you to that section of the website: Shop All V5 Products - Products - V5 - VEX Robotics

Rules R8 and up are where the game manual tells you what non-vex parts would also be legal. If you still have questions or need clarification after reading the game manual, I’m sure the community will be glad to help.

14 Likes