Judging Criteria Value

I fully understand that the finalists for each challenge have been chosen and there is nothing that a team that wasn’t selected can do to change that. However, I would like to know how much weight the judges actually place on the criteria that they are looking for. For instance, this Promote Award Finalist very clearly does not fit the requirements:

I understand that the judges selected this video, but their violation of criteria can make other teams feel cheated and will encourage rule-breaking in the future.

I also would like to know if the community votes were taken into account, because one of the entries with the highest ranking doesn’t appear as finalist…

When we tabulate the votes we clean out multiple votes from the same person and some other defective votes, which sometimes means that the final order for public voting is not the same as what you see on the website. In this case, the top four public choices for the Promote Award were separated by a very small margin and the final ranking was not exactly the same as you saw in the online voting scores.

Six of the original finalists were chosen by judges and four by public voting. Judged evaluations have no bearing on the selection of the public favorites.

The scores were incredibly close in the Promote Award, though, and the difference between the top ten entries was very, very small, so we are pleased to announce that we are adding three more Finalists who missed the cutoff by a very thin margin. See the Online Challenge Discussion forum for more information.