Last day of Online Challenges

Hello forum!

Today marks the last day (actually it closes tomorrow at 11 PM CST) to submit your entries for the online challenges before tomorrow’s deadline!

I entered and submitted my entry for the Make It Real CAD Challenge. Check it out below:
http://challenges.robotevents.com/challenge/58/entry/3027

What online challenges are you guys participating? What are your experiences so far?

We are participating in:
Dell Technologies Robotics Team/Club Website Challenge
Texas Instruments Electronics Online Challenge
VEX Robotics Photography Challenge

Very nice website, as usual from Viking Colt Robotics.
Good luck in your entries!

Thank you, that is good to hear. Good luck to you too.

I put 35 hours of work into a game design animation only for the file to corrupt right before I went to render :frowning:
I just hope that I get the chance to do one next year.

Oh man, that really sucks @SamuelC (7842D) :frowning:

3ds max automatically backs up scene files, I believe you can find those in C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 20xx\autoback

It may also end up in your user dir, C:\Users<username\Autodesk\3ds Max 20xx\autoback

Having said that, 35 hours isn’t all that much and if you only left yourself a day to render you may have been SOL anyway, Round Up took me 22 days of rendering over 3-4 machines with something like 20 cores of compute power. Now my fancy new GTX 1080 could likely wipe the floor with all those machines combined but still, you should have been rendering scenes on an as completed basis.

IE, complete the scene, render it, work on the next while that’s on the burner. Recommend rendering on other machines that aren’t your workstation. Backburner can be a great resource for this.

Then again, I was doing a considerably higher end production.

The entries this year make me sad, I think my original animation entry, Tetra Triad could place 2nd this year.

Here is our promo video!

I was using maya on a laptop because that’s all I had to do it on :stuck_out_tongue:
And I didn’t just leave myself a day. Thanks for the suggestions though.

We competed in:
Dell Technologies Robotics Team/Club Website Challenge
Texas Instruments Electronics Online Challenge

I’m from team 986D and we participated in the girl power essay. I’d really appreciate it if you’d take a look at it and vote for me (:
http://challenges.robotevents.com/challenge/72/entry/3558

Looking good!
I hope the best luck for you!

Team 9605A entered the Make It Real CAD Challenge with our linear solenoid actuator:
http://challenges.robotevents.com/challenge/58/entry/3892
It’s intended to be a cheap, unlimited-actuation alternative to pneumatics. Let me know what you think :smiley:

I would love to have that!!! As far as having to take up a motor port, most people would probably plug a motor in there anyway to do the job of the pneumatics. Man, that would be really helpfull; i think i know what I’m going to vote for now :wink:

I liked this one. If it works and ours doesn’t win, I hope that one does.

We here from 3018v also submitted an online challenge entry. We designed Snap-On Spacers to make changing the spacing in a gear box or train easier. They come in all the sizes vex currently produces.

If you could check them out and consider giving them your vote that would be great.

An electric piston would solve it pneumatic issues right away! Good entry, @Brian_9605A .