Last Season World Qualifiers

I was thinking, since there will be no worlds quals for next season from this season because worlds is closed and winning worlds/skills/exelence was the only way to get to the next year worlds the season before. Will the teams that won those spots last year get to qualify for next year’s worlds instead? I think this is fair as it takes up no more spots because those spots are not taken up anyway. What do you guys think?

4 Likes

I’m sorry, do you think you could reword your question? I’m having a hard time understanding what you’re asking for.

1 Like

This is a very good thought, but there are a few problems with it. I know some teams that did excellent last year but not good at all this year. This gives next year’s generation of VEX kids no reason to even be in vex if they cannot go to worlds. Another issue is that some teams (such as my own) will be moving up to high school next year and will not be able to compete in middle school worlds and therefore make it unfair to the high school teams that a random team moving up to high school did good in middle school, but completely different in high school.

1 Like

So the winners of the TP world championship got awarded spots for this year’s worlds, I’m saying that because this year there where no winners those spots that the TP winners got should carry to the next game

3 Likes

Yes but these are the world champions, I feel like they should still receive their prize

I’m sorry, I must’ve read the question wrong. I thought you meant that all teams that were awarded a worlds qualifying spot this year should be handed a spot for worlds next year. Now that I understand the question, that seems like a great idea.

2 Likes

Ah ok, understood now. Seems like a very good idea, but at the same time, many of those students that won spots last season would’ve graduated (Invictus for example) and the same members might not be returning next season. So idk.

2 Likes

That would work the same way as when a team of seniors wins those awards at Worlds, although with double the chance of that happening.

The other option to fill those spots is just to re-allocate them to regions. Or take the top few unqualified Skills scores (for next year only) to fill those extra spots.

The argument exists that a team wouldn’t be the same 2 seasons after winning an award, but I personally believe that the difference wouldn’t be much greater than a single year after winning the award.

I’m sure the RECF will address this when discussing spot allocations for next year.

1 Like

Tbh most teams that win worlds one year are good for the next few years. Usually teams don’t just win worlds one year and then become horrible the next year or year after the next year because seniors will usually teach their underclassmen and underclassmen will look at innovative features and how the worlds winning robot was built.

3 Likes