LED Lights Legality Concerns

Hi. So I saw this reveal. https://youtu.be/YFCzES_coTM I am wondering if this is ok, and if so, are those vex leds, or some random brand? Cause this looks so cool.

You can use any brand, and you can use your own battery back, or interface it with the brain as long as it doesn’t distract vision sensors and does not structurally improve the robot. It is however allowed to send feedback to the driver.

You can use any brand, and you can use your own battery back, or interface it with the brain as long as it doesn’t distract vision sensors and does not structurally improve the robot. It is however allowed to send feedback to the driver.
Decorations which provide visual feedback to Drive Team Members (e.g. decorative lighting) are
permitted, provided that they do not violate any other rules and serve no other function (e.g. structural support).

1 Like

I would want to use red color, and I would want it to be facing the ground, I am thinking that would be ok?

Yep, as long as it follows to post above. We have the rgb ones so that we can change colors.

yep, nonfunctional decoration is allowed. Vision sensor concerns are pretty recent so if you are going to do them make sure you can easily turn them off. Refs might ask you to do that if it messes up a vision sensor.

4 Likes

Ok. Thank you! This is very helpful!

Thank you for the help!

1 Like