Lift Ideas! Put all of your ideas here!

Hi all,
I need some ideas for lifts for the new game, and I am sure some of you do too. Please feel free to share as many ideas as you would like on this page including pictures and more.

THANK YOU!

0 Likes

Image result for vex 6 bar lift

I have only been in robotics for 2 years, and have never built a six bar lift. Are they good? What are the pros and cons?

1 Like

Well, in ITZ, my team built a dr4b, which was pretty standard last year. We did alright, and got division finalists at worlds, and excellence at states. This year, I think my team is again going to make either a cascade lift (don’t try it, too complicated not worth it), (probably not, but we’re gonna try), or a dr4b.

0 Likes

Pros:
Easy to build
Decent speed
Decent height
Cons:
Ark in movement can be hard to control
Takes up a lot of space.

1 Like

Ok cool will research it a little more but sounds cool, thanks!

0 Likes

Also that picture is of an 8 bar, not a 6 bar.

1 Like

it is but it has 6 bars?

0 Likes

The bar count includes the end piece and lift tower.

0 Likes

Do not use a cascade lift! They are veryyyy hard to build and take way to much time to build. Not only that, they are slow going up and down. One plus is they are strong but that is about it. Take my advise!

1 Like

Dreadnought got a really fast one for ITZ. I built one for turning point when I was trying to go dual purpose and it worked really well. Now the fastest cascade vs the fastest DR4B, the DR4B will come out on top, but cascades once finished and polished out are a fairly good option.

1 Like

In addition, Cascade lifts are very space efficient. sure, they can be a bit tough to build, knocking them out for newbies, but for the veterans a cascade lift could prove to be a very good option, especially if space is a concern.

0 Likes

It depends on how high you want to stack, one or two stages cascade is super good, especially for how compact they are, and how linear they are (think 929u early season in the zone), but going taller a rd4b will almost always be a better choice unless you’re willing to invest a lot of time and money into building it.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

0 Likes

I was thinking about separating blocks by shafts, to conserve extra materials.

0 Likes

why though? Why not just stack the cubes on each other?

0 Likes

We could, but we might need to just have separated blocks for the towers

0 Likes

Every idea I’ve seen and thought of just drops the whole stack and then picks it back up. the towers aren’t that deep, you could just pull the rest of the cubes out after placing one.

1 Like