Live Remote Tournaments VEX U Support?

Our VEX U team was interested in hosting a VEX U Live Remote Tournament. So we were wondering does the software now have support for a VEX U tournament?

1 Like

@Brad_Lauer

7 Likes

Both VEX U and VEX AI are not supported by LRT nor robotevents remote event listing. If you wanted to host a remote VEX U tournament invent your own solution.

1 Like

Are there any options that are legal? As I understand it, the only legal way to hold a Live Remote Tournament is through the RobotEvents LRT interface.

2 Likes

ORCAH events will support VEXU teams. @wdr_mentor does this quality as inventing our own solution?

Yes, but from how I’m reading the rules such events would not be able to qualify teams for any official RECF event or post scores to robotevents. Since ORCAH events aren’t trying to do so such a system would work fine for them, but you couldn’t use it to host a VEXU worlds qualifying event.

3 Likes

I am aware. @wdr_mentor said “invent your own solution if you wanna host VEXU LRT’s”. I was pretty sure everybody could assume that anyone inventing their own game format would have to do so in an unofficial capacity.

You may as well adapt the game format since it’s not an official event. My understanding after comms with RECF was there won’t be LRT world championship VEX U or VAIC events. Thus there are no qualifying events so just roll your own.

2 Likes

From the Feb 4th Webinar Transcript

But right now, we do plan in-person events. We do know there are some VEX U teams and AI teams that will not be able to travel to Dallas. We do have live remote competition ready for VEX U. So I can see in an instance, we’ll get many VEX U teams here in Dallas as possible and parallel have the LRT competition for VEX U.

3 Likes