(1) Are Teacher of the Year, Mentor of the Year and Community Awards given out in both MS and HS divisions?
(2) The pre-submitted award entries all include “subsequent team interviews”. Design and Excellence have specially scheduled interview times on Thursday. Do the interviews for the other 6 awards take place in the pits?
(3) Will ballots with teams voting be used for any of the awards this year?
I hope that these responses answer your questions!
- Teacher of the Year and Mentor of the Year Awards are given out as “overall” awards. All candidates will be reviewed as individuals being considered for a single award.
- The Community Award is being given in each High School and Middle School division and must be presubmitted at http://robotevents.com/vexawards/ no later than April 1st.
- All presubmitted awards interviews will take place in the pits on Thursday and Friday of the event. Only finalists for each award will be interviewed for these specific awards.
- Teams will be presented will ballots at team check-in that will be due on Friday afternoon at the event.