Most Embaressing Vex moments

Let’s start a new post shall we, what are some of your most embarrassing vex moments.

An auton that didn’t work all competition, by the end the announcer was just laughing at it.

3 Likes

Misspelling a word in a thread title (cough cough)

32 Likes

saying something stupid or wrong on the vex forums then getting called out

7 Likes

Forgot to turn on the robot during a match, the announcer said we dropped the controller.

3 Likes

I was hanging around the practice field at a comp where my driver was, well, practicing. I was commentating like a Hawaiian shirt wearing, barely qualified for this, super hyper announcer. I was also mocking the aforementioned group of people. Well, it was just my luck that the actual Hawaiian shirt guy was sitting at a table near the field. Oops…

2 Likes

Running to the finals with the bot…
Let’s just say it didn’t end well.

5 Likes

When?

(20 Character)

1 Like

Going to a competition with a two person team, and since it’s your first year you expect to be near the back of the rankings. But you end up 8th and you didn’t do any scouting. So when they get to you to pick an alliance partner for elims, you pick a clawbot.

2 Likes

last meeting I held up a pair of pliers and yelled “Tremble in fear of the legendary needle nose pliers!” (inside joke, don’t ask)
Quite unfortunately, the notebooker for our team was recording something as I yelled it… now we have a video of me screaming that.
My team is never going to let me forget that.

5 Likes

When we were at our first comp ever our team was about to compete. When we went up to compete the other team never showed up, we were so embarrassed to go back up, we ended up getting first place, but it was still awful

1 Like

Our robot started smoking during a match and had a (very tiny) bit of fire. Surprisingly we did not do well that competition.

6 Likes

How did your Vex robot catch on fire

4 Likes

this is quite impressive.

1 Like

I wonder why???
:thinking:

2 Likes

We played an entire match at vex worlds with a screwdriver on our robot. It was during Star Struck and we must’ve been tightening something beforehand. Our robot at the time had a metal plate along the bottom to keep the wires above the ground and a screwdriver ended up on that plate. It would’ve been so damn funny if it fell off during the match. No one suspected a thing.

Oh also at ITZ worlds we were having our robot size checked on the field and it kept falling out of size for what felt like an eternity. We ended up grabbing a rubber band off of the roller and banding the whole thing together to not get dqed. When we used our lift the rubber band flew off and launched over the stands.

8 Likes

Holding up the match to correct a ref on a rule, and then realizing you’re wrong.

Surely I can’t be the only one who’s had this happen.

11 Likes

Some of the refs in Oklahoma hate me for this.

2 Likes

We were hurrying to reassembled the robot after a repair and a wire got plugged in backward.

3 Likes

I’ve done that too. It also didn’t end well.

1 Like