Saturday we performed a practice tournament for all 7 qualified teams from Puerto Rico. During the practice I noticed that one of the teams was having problems with the motors. The firmware update utility was not recognizing 2 of his motors. He replaced them with other ones and problem persisted. He then connected motors to other ports, changed cables and still same problem. I noticed he wasn’t using the latest firmware, so I asked him to update with the latest firmware.
He updated and all motors where recognized. Seems like new motors come out with the latest firmware version and if it is a firmware newer than the one installed on the brain, it does not recognizes the newer motors until you upgrade firmware on brain to a version equal or higher than the version of the motors.