Last year, I wrote a guide for inspectors that goes into great detail for every item on the inspection checklist. I believe it is far superior to the official one. I trialed this document at VRC competitions in the West Tennessee area. Feedback so far from inspectors and referees, including the head referee at the TN State competition, has been overwhelmingly positive, and all have found my guide incredibly useful, especially if they had never inspected before or had limited experience. I now have decided to release it to the masses. I would appreciate any feedback on this guide.
The guide lists every item on both checklists in the order they appear on the checklists, with separate volumes for both the Cortex and V5 systems. It also has printouts of both checklists, at the beginning of the guide.
Last revised: 2/8/2020
- Revised language regarding share of teams with V5.
- Added recommendation for multiple sizing tools at large events.
Original release (Last revised 11/22/2019)
Things to do:
- Make a proper table of contents
- Better title?
- Clean up language to make it more clear and concise.
- Other things that will be based on the feedback I receive. Please note that this document is based on my experiences as an inspector in West Tennessee. After enough feedback is received from a wide variety of locations, I will update the document to ensure consistent practices.
- Post the document in MS Word format for editability.
- Style revamp to improve presentation.