My V5 Brain has gone completely ape mode - How do you do a full reset of a v5 software?

My radio is permanently blinking red. My brain can’t run tasks unless the controller is not connected to it. My brain also automatically starts the first program whenever it is turned on.

My brain software somehow got corrupted and is now inoperable. Any suggestions?

1 Like

I would try connecting the brain to a computer running Windows or MacOS and run the V5 firmware utility (found here). I don’t have any clue if it will solve the problem, but it’s a good first step.

2 Likes

Any chance you ran special skills field control software or something like that on it ?

Anyway, “Reset all Settings” followed by “Delete programs” should get it back to factory.

settings

5 Likes

Didn’t work, just says that it is up to date. TY though

Already tried it, reset all settings only resets the shown settings on the screen, and delete programs didn’t work either. Unfortunately neither are hard resets.

Well, both are hard resets for their respective areas.
So you are saying that “Delete Programs” has left one or more programs on the brain ? Were they VEXcode programs ?

1 Like

It deleted the programs, but when the brain turned on it would just run the default drive program.

Do you mean that it goes to the Drive screen and shows Run button etc. or do you mean it actually runs the program, timer counts etc.

We have a setting to go to the Drive screen rather than the home screen, but that should be cleared by “Reset all Settings”, that’s the “Start At:” setting. But, as far as I can remember, we don’t even have the ability to run the default drive code when the brain powers up.

2 Likes

It runs the actual program, and the reset settings did not change it.

Or it did until It connected with the controller-

But the problem got a lot worse and now every single motor is blinking red- wifi doesn’t even work

Sounds like hardware failure.
call support and try to RMA the V5 brain.

5 Likes