Mystery Limit swich!

I have 2 limit switches, one works fine but the other is either haunted or broken.

Every time i plug the limit switch into any port the robot just stops not even a sound, the only thing that is left on is some lights on the micro controller. It won’t even let me program it when this limit switch is plugged in.

Does anyone have any idea as to why this might be happening?

Perhaps the (normally unconnected) red wire has become shorted to the black wire? This is about the only thing I can think of that would cause what you are seeing.

Does the wire to the switch get warm?
Open it up and have a look,

• Dean

I just opened it up and saw nothing out of the ordinary, besides the red wire just sitting there not connected to anything.

The white and black wires were soldered to the switch and they were not contacting so it could possibly be something inside the actual switch. In that case the switch is done for.

There is something weird going on with the micro controller, i just put bumper switches on and 1 of the bumper switches causes the same problem.

It must be a problem with the micro controller, right now i have 2 bumper switches and one non vex key switch on the robot.

I don’t think it likes too many switches.

Maybe the I/O setup in easyC? I don’t see why that would crash the micro controller.

It works now somehow i guess its like the micro controller just didn’t want to work.

i agree with this, go the the microcontroller config. in easyC

either that or just a dusty connector and/or sockets