Name a Robot!

You may have seen this robot in either that linked thread, or on our Youtube channels.

We have a problem. We don’t know what to name it. Comment with ideas for names, and I might pick one that I like for the name of the robot. Happy posting!

-Owen

Hi Owen

Here are some widely used favorites:

1. Om Nom
  2. Honey Badger
  3. Other
  4. Quetzalcoatlus

Do we get a prize if you like the name and pick it? :smiley:

Cheers, Paul

Name it Tabor

Hello,
Some names could be

• rob
  • aluminum falcon
  • school mascot reference ?
    :smiley:

VT Design (too short)

red october

Nz

Loki…

George.
Larry.
Zeus.
Mr. Peter.

Do not name it “HAL,” it will follow the footsteps of its namesake and become “self-aware” (refusing to respond to joystick and field control during matchplay, thanks to ESD). I speak from experience.

More names,
The closest thing to a Greek mythology god of robotics would be HEPHAISTOS… Lol

-stark

• Jarvis
    :slight_smile:

-Lawrence
-Arnold
-Brian Fendrick

I like this suggestion.

EDIT: Here are some we have used before:
Alison (our 2013 Worlds robot)
Sebastian
Monty
Cooper (it was a mini robot… hehe)
Pierre
Muncher
Flynn
Turkey Hunter (Round Up, the goals were code named turkeys and the robot hunted them)

Every robot we have built has had a name so we have quite a long list… they are some off the top of my head. Let me know if you want some more and I’ll come up with a more complete list.

~George

Tobor :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

its robot backwards and has nothing to do with me being full of myself

So far I’m liking Tobor.

It sounds like Tabor, so it is a nice nod to how there was a misconception it was his robot. :stuck_out_tongue:

Also being robot spelled backwards fits well, because of how generic and unoriginal the robot is. :smiley:

Thank you everyone for the suggestions.

I’ve moved this thread to the Chit-Chat forum.

You also seem to have shut everybody up lol

I like robot names that are somehow related to your team name. For example, my team name is Caesar Engineering, so our robot is named Julius (nicknamed Jules after a former Spanish teacher ours). Try to come up with something creative! Your robot name can/should be part of your team persona just like your team name and any other gimmicks you might have.

Chit-chat/rumor mill: where off topic posts come to die. :stuck_out_tongue: (This is because they don’t show up on the home page so no one reads them).

I randomly thought of the names Lightfoot and Clodhopper for the small one and the big one respectively. I’m not really sure why, but I think it has a nice ring to it.

My team’s robot is called Eragos, so maybe something Greek?