Need a Little Help With Our Intakes

Hey guys! So after months of modifying a tower bot (with too many custom automated and control systems), our team has finally decided to pursue making a tray bot. We started construction today but as our head builder was creating the arms and intakes, we were not sure how to deploy them and how to tension them. We decided eventually to deploy them in an up to down circular motion, but we are completely unsure how we should space the arms, support the arms, and tension the intakes as right now, the intakes go a good bit into out tray (helps with compression), but greatly deforms when we let cubes out (before you complain, we were prototyping and hand-powering everything so excuse the build quality of some parts). Without bands, it holds about 4 cubes, but what worries us is that when we change the final driving axle to HS, LS is seen in the pic below, the amount of deformation we currently face probably won’t be allowed by the new axle causing a multitude of other problems. Would you, the forum and relative experts on traybots, do so great of a deed by helping us? Tips and/or methods would be greatly appreciated! 20200110_150139 20200110_150330 20200110_150332

1 Like

intakes are not easily perfected

1 Like

It’s best to have static intakes that dont need to flip out.
I find that to be the easiest and most reliable intake style

2 Likes

You should probably add more flaps to your intakes (medium to small are great because the large ones flex too much). Also make sure that your intakes are as parallel to the tray as possible, as then the cubes will be pushed up the tray, not into it.

3 Likes

my intakes don’t deploy at all. I find this to be the easiest way, although you may run into issues with having your intakes stick out enough.

2 Likes