New Products: February 2020

The V5 Claw Kit is now in-stock and available for purchase on the US VEX Website. It can be found here:

As per usual, it will become available on our international sites over the coming weeks as our other warehouses receive stock.

15 Likes

Any chance we will see the metal pieces from the clawbot kit available individually?

5 Likes

+1. The U channel that I have are incredibly useful for bracing on the arms.

13 Likes

12t narrow metal gears now available for $21.99 each!

17 Likes

I would love to see all these cool parts inside of kits sold separately. Like the thin metal pinions, and the U channels.

5 Likes

That moment when the freshmen team sees claws available for individual purchase:

source

23 Likes

where?
20 characters

the claw uses a single thin metal pinion. taran here was joking because if you
want to get one of those gears you used to have to buy an entire clawbot, but now you can just buy the claw for $21.99. of course it would be nice to buy those gears separately, but you could always cut a normal one it half.

5 Likes

The joke was that the claw is pretty useless, so they were really just selling thin metal opinions for the $22.

I think that is a false statement - just because you do not find utility does not mean it is useless to all.

7 Likes

true, but people can usually get an overall better claw if they build one from scratch. I have never seen a robot with a starter claw do well at any competitive tournament.

1 Like

Is the thin pinion made the same way the old pinions were made with just a 1/8" square bore or does it also have a 1/4" bore with an insert?

Depends - novice teams it is a good start - we see it in competitions at middle school year, adapted to the task better than pushbots who play demolition derby.

You have to remember this forum is not just for elite teams - it is a place where students can learn.

6 Likes

Of course, I think that the claw is a great place to start as a novice team. My first good robot back in ITZ had a default claw. However, I didn’t keep it. The claw was a starting point, a good piece to get an idea of how you want to grow. It’s like the starter weapon in RPGs: not very good at higher levels but it’ll show you what you like and how to improve.

1 Like

(Note, these will only be available on our US site for the time-being)

29 Likes

YES THANK YOU!!!

4 Likes

Quick question for @DRow: did this happen because we aksed for it, or was it already planned?

9 Likes

Was already planned. :grimacing:

15 Likes

The claw is actually incredibly useful and one of the most used parts in VEX. Thousands of classrooms across the globe use the claws for plenty of different functions. Please understand that VRC is only a small slice of the usage of VEX EDR parts.

21 Likes

Screenshot_20200207-130359_Chrome

16 Likes