New Products: February 2020

Any chance the 35 length is in the pipeline too?

Piling on here. The clawbot can play every game, and I’ve seen a few teams build a “double claw” so they have 4 gripping surfaces on the claw vs two.

1/3 of the competition is driver skill. A fast clawbot with a driver at the helm can play a pretty decent game this year. As with every year and a clawbot, the lowly rubber band is your friend.

6 Likes

Vibe Check time

I’ve seen the V5 claw in particular used quite successfully by teams who focus on towers. Take 27301A, who used the v5 claw in conjunction with a dr4b and a speedy X drive to rapidly contest towers. The V5 claw, in my opinion, is a useful tool for teams on all levels of competitiveness.

5 Likes

Yeah the claw is actually a pretty decent starter manipulator for new teams. It allows them to focus on the drivetrain and lift when they know that they have a functional manipulator that they can just throw on.

2 Likes

My first year of vex we used a claw since we ran out of time to design our own.

1 Like

Yes, claws are pretty useful. You could even argue that a claw bot would be pretty successful at Highrise (I should know, I qualified for states off of one).

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.