New Products - October 2020

We’ve had requests in the past to sell High Strength Chain Attachment Links on their own. These are now available in a 60-pack, and can be found here. (276-7578)

E33A0284_composite

29 Likes

very nice
20charrr

3 Likes

Would there be any new VexIq products comming out

coolio thanks DRow.

2 Likes

Thanks, lots of new stuff as of late.

This one should be exciting for some of you.

30, 45, 60 & 90 degree gusset packs for V5 have just been added to the website.

Each pack contains (4) flat gussets, and (2) bent gussets as seen below.

Available now on the US store, with international stock becoming available in the coming weeks.

GussetsGroup

34 Likes

I LOVE IT!!!

these are my 20 characters

Neat.​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

3 Likes

what is the difference between the old gussets and the new gussets except more available angles?

Holup, why are they rectangles? And are these replacing the old 45 degree gussets?

1 Like

The rectangles (slotted square) are the big change. This gives you the ability to shift the gusset back on pitch when you’re building angles. We chose rectangles over an oval so that the gussets could be used with the nut retainers.

17 Likes

I’m a little concerned about the large amounts of slop that these huge holes will have. will the old 45 degree gussets with the perfect circular holes still be available?

2 Likes

TBH it’s not a problem. I’ve built several structures with these and they’re just as rigid as anything built with the old gussets.

10 Likes

I suppose if you really tighten the screws they should be ok. I can just see x drives getting bent out of place when they have hard impacts that shift the gussets because the screws weren’t super tight.

the 30 degree, 60 degree, and 90 degree gussets look great too, it will be nice to have a good way to make those angles.

8 Likes

just make ur own gussets

the normal 45° ones even with the circular holes dont line up properly for an x drive anyways

They are a little tight, but I’ve built more than 6 of the “X” drive bases and they do work. If you are building one, put the 45’s on both sides of the C channel wall. You should have 4 at each joint.

3 Likes

try it in cad, it doesn’t allow it to line up to allow a whole number distance between the holes on the two sides. this is why people have to drill holes, make their own gussets, or live with it being slightly off

Ok, so I’m not going to try it in CAD, I’ve got one sitting next to me on my build table and it’s together and I didn’t need to drill holes. The holes are tight, but you will be able to drive a screw through the two angle supports and the C channel wall. The one next to me is steel, I’ve also done Aluminum one. I’ve done it with three different sizes of C channels, so it’s possible.

5 Likes

i know it’s possible; but that doesn’t mean it’s lined up right lol. doesn’t matter much tho cuz this level of precision or lack thereof is irrelevant in vex given the inconsistent nature of parts, fields, and game elements

but for the sake of the discussion, the reason you are able to attach the screws there even though the geometry is wrong is because the square holes are 0.182” wide and the screws are 0.164” in diameter. there is wiggle room

anyways we’re getting off topic so if u want to continue this discussion let’s go to dm’s

3 Likes