New Vex Parts

If you could create a new Vex part what would it be?

3 Likes

A Vex speaker that you could play music on during the comp. It would also have a feature where you could write your own music or have a computer-generated voice speaking.
By the way, this thread should probably be changed to chit-chat/rumour mill, @DRow ,do you think you think you could change it?
And welcome to the forums!

8 Likes

Hunting Gears/ Prime Gears
Basically gears that have prime number of teeth. Watch this video

1x1 corner brackets.
2x1 corner brackets.
Enough said.

4 Likes

Mecanum wheels with the new “V2” hole pattern (like the antistatic omnis) and maybe a bit smaller/lighter.

4 Likes

Not a problem if you keep gear teeth in good condition. And this would cause a nightmare for new people coming into the field.

1.75 inch and 2.25 inch wheel sizes. Would work great for direct drive.

13 Likes

Low strength 24t, 48t, and 72t gears

9 Likes

Motors that don’t die every minute. Or perhaps ones that you can replace the burned-out parts on.

5 Likes

You should look into hotswap motors

I would just make everything that only supports low strength axles support high strength axles

3 Likes

We don’t have any extra motors left. Our sister team has 8 and we have 7.
Although I have been considering asking @9MotorGang for his extra one.

7 Likes

Kind of along the lines of HS shafts, I would make a line of c-channels with every other hole wide enough for a HS shaft, with columns also alternating HS holes and regular holes, so the entire thing would just look like a checkerboard of big and little holes. You could still use the c-channel for regular shafts and for literally anything else, but you would only be able to use some of the holes. for regular screws, and just about any hole with screws if you added on bearing flats.

6 Likes

Oh, and also motors with actual vents

9 Likes

Bigger, beefier, and smoother universal joints and bevel gears

8 Likes

Probably an internally ratcheting sprocket: that would make designs more compact and the ratchet accessible to anyone. Oh wait, I already made it

6 Likes

I remember finding a 72t low strength gear somewhere in our boxes… I could have been counting wrong though.

2 Likes

I have yet to see a burned out motor. If they are dying, I suggest you look at static electricity control. I did an analysis on it, should be easy to search for.

2 Likes

Yes. The differential is pretty pathetic.

Very cool design, I could see the use of it. Maybe if we ask nice VEX will see about making it.

Did you do a 3D print of it?