Hi everyone. I am a part of a team tasked to build a drivetrain with a required amount of two 393 motors. The task is to build a ‘dragster’ at max speed. For our gear ratio we initially tried a compound gear ratio of 84:36. However, the gears were not meshing properly. With limited time, we changed our gear ratio to 84:36 (regular gear ratio). However we are still facing some problems. The gears aren’t meshing properly and I believe it’s due to too much weight on the axles. I have a few questions regarding this matter:
- Where do you put the shaft collars on a motorized and non motorized axle? Also how many shaft collars?
- How do you adjust the weight on an axle?
- How do you ensure that the gears are meshing properly? Also, how do you make sure that the gears are not wobbly?
- What is the best gear ratio for speed? Are any other elements such as chain advised?
- If the wheels are leaning when its on the axle, how do you fix that?
- What are some tips in making the robot faster in regards of RobotC? (Programming)