no communication between joystick and cortex

Downloaded firmware onto joystick, when usb orange cable was connected joy stick controlled robot, then inserted vexnet keys waited for connection, now joystick doesn’t operate robot at all. operating 2.0

Hello vdenufrio,

What I recommend is to update your system using the firmware we have listed in our website. This means, you will have to install in your PC the following firmware update utilities:

VEXnet Firmware Upgrade Utility 4.1.5
VEXnet Key 2.0 Firmware Upgrade Utility V 3.0

Once they are installed in your PC, let me know and I can go in further details.

Regards.

-Eli
VEXnet.pdf (311 KB)

firmware upgrade utility 4.1.5 and vexnet key 2.0 firmware upgrade utility v 3.0 has been downloaded. followed instructions for vexnet joystick configuration in robotc. No connection between remote and cortex?? I assume joystick controls are by default and do not need to be programmed into joystick?

Vdenufrio,

Please use the VEXnet Firmware Upgrade Utility 4.1.5 to re-load the firmware into the Microcontroller and Joystick directly. All you have to do is connect the Microcontroller or Joystick directly to the PC via USB A-to-A cable and click the download button on the VEXnet Firmware Upgrade Utility.

See attached screenshot for reference.
Let me know your results.

-Eli
Doc1.pdf (133 KB)