No firmware is currently available for this device type

Hi,
when I try to use the Vex Firmware Updater, it first searches for updates and finds them “for 28 product(s)”. However, when I press any available Update button with a Vex connected, it says

Information

No firmware is currently available for this device type.
Use the Update->Check for New Versions menu option
to see if new firmware is available.

OK

Checking for new version doesn’t help. I tried reinstalling and running it as administrator which didn’t work either. The same problem occurred with all the Vex robots I tested. Right now I can’t try it with any other laptop, but it’s worked before on this one.
Thanks.

edit: I tried with another PC that has never had Vex installed before, but the same problem occurs. I can’t reset the brain either, as nothing happens after following the Restore Brain Firmware instructions to the end. The Vex brain just says “Connect to PC for Program Update”. I tried to Update From File as well with the Brain_RestoreV1_00.bin and now it’s stuck in DFU mode so I guess that wasn’t a good idea. Well, I managed to restore it on the other PC, but I’m still back to my original problem of not being to update anything though the Vex brain constantly insists that components require updates and things not working right.

Hi dm89132,

We are sorry that you are having this problem.

This issue is likely the result of network security settings that are preventing the VEX IQ Firmware Update Utility from downloading the latest firmware files and saving them to your computer. To help isolate if this is the issue, please try to download the VEX IQ Firmware Update Utility to a personal computer at home.

If your Robot Brain communicates with the VEX IQ Firmware Update Utility on a personal computer at home, but not on any school computers, please contact your local school IT department to for help in resolving which computer/network security setting may not be allowing the VEX IQ Firmware Update Utility to properly function.

If you have any additional questions, please contact our tech support folks at support@vex.com or by calling +1-903-453-0802 so we can help resolve this issue.

Regards,

• Art