Omniwheels on Rough Terrain / Grass / Plush Carpet

Does anyone have any experience running omniwheels on plush carpet or short grass? Curious how flexible they are on various terrain.

I can’t say I’ve ever seen anyone try them on grass or plush carpet but I’m guessing that the little rollers on the omniwheels would be prone to getting tangled in grass or tufts of carpet. The spaces between the rollers seem just perfect for pinching pieces of anything long and thin. But that’s just a guess. Generally speaking, on surfaces like grass you’d probably want wheels of much larger diameter than merely 4 or 5 inches.

We ran our drivetrain for this season (current progress) today outside on a 3x3 set of mats. This was to make it so that we would not have to drive on the grass. A few times when some kids drove they drove it onto the grass. The robot’s speed was slowed to a large degree, and afterwards there were some pieces of grass on the wheels, only from having it on the grass for a small period of time. Does it work? Yes. Should you do it? Probably not.

Good info. Not looking to run on grass primarily, was just wondering if it COULD if needed for a short time.