partner controller help

Ooh, after looking at your code again, I realized that you don’t have a delay in your while loop. Maybe you accidentally deleted it when you added the pneumatic code at the bottom.

Edit: Actually, maybe you don’t need this in robotC?

yea I don’t think I need the delay

That’s weird. It’s a thing in both PROS and ConVEX, but after looking, I realized the RobotC samples don’t seem to have it.

To clarify: the tower control and solenoid control are both not working?

So the following code is not working as intended?

///Tower control for right side
motor[port9] = vexRT[Ch2Xmtr2];
motor[port6] = vexRT[Ch2Xmtr2];
///Tower control for left side
motor[port2] = vexRT[Ch2Xmtr2];
motor[port5] = vexRT[Ch2Xmtr2];

if (vexRT[Btn5UXmtr2]==1)
{
	SensorValue[claw1] = 1;
}
else if (vexRT[Btn5DXmtr2]==1)
{
	SensorValue[claw1] = 0;
}

But the rest of your user control is working?

You also said that you tried changing the partner joystick control code (the problem code) to the primary joystick to no success?

I tested the code, it works fine for me.

Check you plugged the cable in the correct port, I see teams plug into the programming port instead of the partner port sometimes.

ROBOTC is much more tolerant of tasks not yielding. ConVEX (and I guess PROS) less so, it depends on how the task priorities are setup. It’s good programming practice to have the delay in all ROBOTC tasks.

The partner joystick is not turned on?
I know, it sounds dumb. But I’m used to working with middle school kids. :o
That also explains why I keep asking about the batteries.

If you want to test your “phone” cord connection, I suppose you could try hooking it up to a telephone and see if you still get a dial tone.

batteries are good, controller is turned on, not sure about the cord I’ll check that later today when I meet up with my team, and I didn’t see you reply of using the competition temple. we are using it because we compete. we were not using the switch other then the debugger start stop option in robotC.

There are different types of debugger windows in RobotC. I’m not sure but they might be called different things depending on what version of RobotC you have, but one is often called Vex Remote Screen and the other is often called Competition Control, or something similar to that.

It sounds like you might be using the Vex Remote Screen, which might not have the buttons for Autonomous or Driver Control.

I’m guessing you are already at your competition today. But it would be nice to know what the problem is/was if you figured it out. Good luck at your tournament. :slight_smile:

Hmm, good to know

thanks for all your help guys we figured it out, I have no idea what caused it. we tried it out today and it worked fine.

Glad that it worked out for you