Personal Vex Team Quotes

“This contest looks hard this year(Peering over at Ben Lipper’s design) actually Nevermind”

4 Likes

“Don’t worry, we’ll figure it out.”

1 Like

I will eat the banana and slingshot the peel.
-Anonymous

8 Likes

“Why don’t we just make a robot that picks up other robots and throws them out the field” :woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming:

“See it’s global warming, they are the cause of our unsuccessful autonomous” :joy:

4 Likes

“We’ll fix it later”

We don’t fix it later

5 Likes

“So no chick-fil-a?”
- My team mate last year crying

4 Likes

“Twizzlers taste like victory”

Me: “This might be over complicated, but…”
Teammate: “If you have to ask whether it’s overcomplicated, its overcomplicated!”

7 Likes

Maybe that’s why I’ve never had twizzlers at competitions before…

12 Likes

It’s easy, just copy the good teams on YouTube
Stop being so neutral and just vote!
We should have done Highwheel (a terrible flywheel design our designer came up with)
So, what rebuild are you on now?
You’re so dumb, I could have done this in ten seconds!
Shatter the competition! (our team name is Shatter Squad. Yes, this is because we broke our bot like 10 times)
It’s fine, we have time, do it on the day!
Sounds like a you problem
Blame VEX, it’s their fault!

2 Likes

I actually have a whole book just for quotes from robotics that my teammates have said :joy::joy:

“Meet Jerry” (pulls out an eraser with a face on it) - My teammate

“I’m a material girl” - Our Couch

“30 more seconds” (it’s an inside joke) - My teammate and I

“Ah yes and our robot will blow up Russia” - My teammate

“The autonomous isn’t lined up right” - coder
“Sounds like an ish-you not and ish-me” - my teammate eating

7 Likes

“NOAH YOU FORGOT TO GRAB FERGY”

• my teammate
1 Like

May I ask what a fergy is and why it’s so critical?

1 Like

Our jig for autos was named fergalicious; nickname fergy, and we forgot it for a worlds match so someone had to run and grab it

6 Likes

flywheel starting noises

thunk SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

one of the screws holding the motor in came out so now the motor turns when it start the flywheel

4 Likes

You should hear the clickity scream of a dying ratchet trying it’s very hardest to stop a 7200 rpm flywheel. And don’t worry, it’s not actually that fast. We were just testing.

Edit: the ratchet is actually backwards built, so the screws go up the flat surface of the ratchet and lock on the sloped surface. Yet more things to add to cursed images when I get around to it.

Trying to get some pneumatic tubing to cooperate on the robot “This is your home! Why do you not want to go to your home?”

3 Likes

Me being the only one on my team at a build day having nothing i need “When in the world are you guys going to get here?!” Teammates precede to not show up

1 Like

From the drive team member who claims he can “see physics”: The science will save us!

3 Likes