Personal Vex Team Quotes

“We have an inconsistent autonomous that only scored its full 6 points once.”
“You better not download the wrong code again.”

1 Like

At state match: Why are there ZERO programs on the brain!!

0 Likes

My team still, and sadly, uses cortex, so we have to carry around a laptop and an orange cable to queuing every match.

0 Likes

Or, you could use jumper clips to choose auton on one program. That’s what we did when we used cortex.

0 Likes

Alright, more quotes:
Me, at state: “Are we really last? (after qualifying)” or “did we really just win the finals? (after the finals)”.

0 Likes

when one of your non-robotics friends decide to be mc at your comp despite knowing absolutely nothing about vex.

“wow! [big pause] look! [big pause] blue did something cool [big pause] and that’s it! looks like someone won this match [huge pause] blue did? [blue team gets really excited] oh wait no red? [blue team sad] no blue did win [big pause] I think…”

and then eventually gives up and just says wowee or something every time something exciting transpires.

3 Likes

Lol we had an announcer who called them “yellow vex tournament competition balls” everytime no joke. :joy:

5 Likes

me on the forums:
“maybe this post has a chance of being the top replied to?”
discobot:
“not a chance”

2 Likes

This is kinda off topic: but when we used cortex we used jumper pins to set which auton we would use based on where the pin was in the digital ports, without using an LCD.

0 Likes

That’s what I reccomended

1 Like

On the offtopic of autos. Jumper clips work fine, but what my team liked to do was use a potentiometer. That way you don’t have to move those suckers in and out, and can just turn a labled dial.

1 Like

LOL

“We don’t need to test autonomous here, at the competition, it was working yesterday at school”

:cry:

6 Likes

“Well… there’s always next year.”

7 Likes

The most used line for our robotics team, along with “ Next year we’ll do____ better.”

2 Likes

“The brain crashed again”

2 Likes

Teammate 1: “Why are we singing the Mii Channel theme?”
Teammate 2: “Why not”
Adviser (Wile we are using game elements and C-Chanels to play the Mii Channel theme) : “Please quite down in here. I am trying to work in the other room”

5 Likes

Me : Why is my team asleep in the pits?

5 Likes

Or it’s infamous counterpart, “I don’t see why it wouldn’t work.”

1 Like

every possible phrase beginning with the words “in theory”

7 Likes

Here are a few of my team’s slack loading messages, which are all quotes from our team members.

“If I’m competing against my sister’s team, I wanna beat them up?”
“Why so many ShootyPootyWooty?”
“I could wrap you in starch and you would be a sandwich”
“Grilled Cheese and a Ravoli are the same thing”
“Light Theme isn’t that bad”
“Innovate, iterate…, duplicate”
“Actually, a human is a donut! But jelly-filled donuts aren’t donuts, they’re sandwiches”
“A dispenser gives you a piece of something but a stick you just kinda rub places”
“Java stands for Just Awful Vucking Awful”

0 Likes