Pillow Bearing or C-Channel?

Hello,
I have noticed a lot of different base elevated designs use either pillow bearing or a c-channel to elevate the base.
I was wondering if anybody could explain the differences or reasons to use one or the other?
Thanks

Pillow bearing would be weaker than c channel.(if used correctly)

pillow bearing elevates with little to any obstruction to the wheels but c channels are stronger

We use pillow bearings and they haven’t given us any issues at all. We’ve gone through two competitions and haven’t needed to replace them. They also have less friction than a bearing in C-channel.

We use a pillow bearing on a c Chanel for a very elevated chassis.

If the screws are sufficiently tight, and there isn’t too much friction, I think either could work.
I guess if you’re worried about the pillow bearings breaking, you could double them up by putting two side-by-side to change the force distribution.

also, unless your chassis is full length, you should not need them with 4" wheels

I use pillow bearings on mine and it works really well. I do notice that it is much easier to keep friction down with them.

We have used pillow bearings all season, they work very well

My team uses pillow bearings. If you want to mount the motor at the same level as the wheel axle then you should use c-channels, otherwise you will have motor wire pointing down into the ground. If you are ok with using chain or gears than pillow bearing are good.

Pillow bearings are weaker than c-channels. We had our intake on pillow bearing and the intake was accidentally ripped out by another robot during a match and the pillow bearing broke.

Our team uses pillow bearings as well. No problem so far. One thing about c- channels to remember is that you can’t run a full length, so you might have to cut the c - channels short