Plans for Remote Worlds and New Game

Well, VRC Game reveal and the end of worlds is Saturday. What is your plans for the new game reveal? Reveal party? To immediately start brainstorming? Hop on Vex Forum Right away?

2 Likes

And you can bet I will be on the forums meming the new game.

5 Likes

I plan on CADing my initial ideas for a robot over the weekend like I did last year. It’s a good way to get familiar with the kind of challenges the game has to offer, while coming up with potential robot designs. Hopefully I’ll stumble into the meta again.

and of course the intense intellectual debates on the forum about what sorts of mechanisms will be better than others is always a great way to start the season.

11 Likes

instant brainstorm, though idk how long it’ll take.

win

4 Likes

anyone serious about VEX already has their robot for next season CADed

16 Likes

I have to go backpacking this week (Boy Scouts) so I will sneak my phone and message the forums and watch the reveal.

2 Likes

I mean I would do the same thing. My team and our sister team are pulling an all nighter build + reveal party. W/ my mom’s famous chicken curry and some SSBU while watching finals

2 Likes

cries in I have no gf

We’re doing a little reveal barbecue, it’s a small team with majority vaccinated. Eat, play yard games, watch worlds until the reveal and start brainstorming.

7 Likes

I’m actually going to be working on Saturday, so I won’t get to see the new game until after I get home. Then I’ll probably come on the forum to see what everyone thinks.

well i was going to hang out with my girlfriend on saturday. But im going to have to push that back for a sugar fuel CAD spree and binge analysis of all materials

having a watch party// pot luck at our school auditorium, watch the finals and reveal, start our ENs, brainstorm, and build for 8 hours a day for two weeks

2 Likes

My school’s been online for the past three weeks, so I’m just glad I’ll be able to meet and brainstorm with my team in person.

1 Like

Brought all the parts home right before school closes this week. Therefore, I’m stacked to instantly start building

I’ll probably watch the reveal with some of my teammates / friend together through discord

5 Likes

for my teams we have field cleaned and prepared + we gonna get a few pizzas and enjoy the weather for our watch party

1 Like

I might be watching a movie with some friends during the game reveal, but once that’s done, I’ll start watching the livestream and check the forum. Starting next year, I’ll likely be watching it with whatever team I’m coaching.

2 Likes