Platform Descoring Method?

So, last competition our driver came up with an interesting method of descoring the other team’s platform. It was done by accident at first, but it eventually turned into something pretty smart. We wedged one of our opponent’s mobile goals underneath their platform while it was level, which means that the pole from the mogo would be “supporting” their platform, and any goals on it wouldn’t count as being balanced. This wasn’t called out by the referee, but after the competition our mentor told us that it would be illegal in future games. I thought I’d take this to the forums to see if anyone knows for sure. Thank you very much!

Very illegal. The fact that the ref at your event didn’t call it out is a little scary.

Rule SG3 is what you’re looking for, specifically points c and d.

17 Likes

Your mentor is right. It is illegal to do so. It constitutes interfering with the platform, and it is safe in the last 30 seconds of the match.

1 Like

Please! Take some time to read the game manual.

11 Likes

If this is match affecting it could result in a DQ. So I suggest you don’t go shoving mogo s under the platform

Nope - it is an automatic DQ per the Game Manual:

a,b,c:
Violations of this rule which do interfere with gameplay will result in a Disqualification, regardless of whether the interference was Match Affecting or not.

Note: If point “d” has escalated from a warning into a violation, then it will automatically be considered a violation which has interfered with gameplay, i.e. will result in a Disqualification.

There is no Match Affecting consideration for deliberately interfering with gameplay.

5 Likes

That’s my bad! I need to spend some time just memorizing some key gameplay rules, but I keep putting it off… thank you for reminding me!!

Yeah, we got super lucky now that I think about it. We got washed in the first elimination round anyways, but at least we didn’t go to the gulag so I guess it all worked out.

I’ll make sure to relay this to the rest of my team. Thank you.