Pneumatic help

Hi ,

My team in now using Pneumatic but we are having issues of it not working. We know it works because we are able to put air to it to make the piston work but now that we tried to program it we will push the button and it will not work . Here is the code I am using for it at the moment and i have seen other people use this but it doesn’t seem to work for my team.

while(true)
{
if(vexRT[Btn6U] == 1)
{
SensorValue[solenoid] = 1;
}
else
{
SensorValue[solenoid] = 0;
}
}

Do you have the sensor set as ‘Digital Out’

Yes we had that set already.

Just to verify the program and controller are working fine, in the program debug window for sensor values, does the value for the solenoid change when you press the button?

How do you have the solenoid wired up currently? To isolate any issues to the solenoid or driver cable itself, try the simplest program possible:

SensorValue[solenoid] = 1;
wait1msec(1000);
SensorValue[solenoid] = 0;

Well this is our new program. I am sorry but I did not understand what you said because I am not that really good with programming so I did not understand your question . I believe our program is working on your question but I am not 100 percent sure because we need our controller that is currently being fixed.

task NeedleBlocker ()
{
if (vexRT [Btn7D] == 1){

SensorValue(NeedleSolenoid) = 0;
}
 else if (vexRT [Btn7U] == 1)
   {

SensorValue(NeedleSolenoid) = 1;
}

wait1Msec(25);

}

Probably your set up in the physical realm, could you put up a picture of your set up. Look at the picture bellow to see the proper set up.

http://www.rapidonline.com/catalogueimages/product/S70-6078P01WL.jpg

I believe we are using a single action piston and that is a double acting . I will try to post picture of it tomorrow when I get to school. :slight_smile:

Here are the picture you have asked for
KIMG0005.jpg
KIMG0004.jpg

As far as I can see it looks good, but a few things to check, these things may seem obvious but sometimes it is good to check. Make sure the orange plug is in the other side of the pneumatics tank (I am guessing this is not the problem), make sure the 3 wire cable is plugged in the right direction to the brain, make sure it is plugged into a digital port, and in the program make sure it is set up as a “digitalOut”. If you have all these correct and your setup is definitely like the picture I showed, then it is most likely a disconnecting wire where it plugs into the actuator, wiggle it around to while pressing the button.

Ok well my team will try this and if it does not work I will reply on here to tell you what happens. :slight_smile: