Pneumatic pressure regulator unscrewing

Our team is trying to use a pressure regulator to get more actuation with one reservoir. However every 3 minutes of driving the regulator unscrews and it takes us 2 minutes to find the correct amount to screw it in again. Does anyone have any solutions?

1 Like

I will send pictures once I get back to school tomorrow.

1 Like

Can you unscrew the regulator, wrap a SMALL amount of teflon tape around it (taking care to stay away from the tip and other critical areas), then reassemble? In short, use TT to add friction to the threads.

2 Likes

How much friction does it have? We are a school team so we can’t buy more pressure regulators and it would be bad if we couldn’t take it out.

1 Like

if you use Teflon tape, it will easily come unscrewed but should help not leak. Think Loctite but for pneumatics (DO NOT USE Loctite ON PNEUMATICS)

2 Likes

There should be a small nut around the adjusting screw.

This is used to lock the adjusting screw.

Once the pressure is where you want it, hold the adjusting screw still and turn the nut down towards the regulator body until it stops, then hand-tighten it against the regulator.

This should prevent the adjusting screw from turning.

3 Likes

Ah…

3 Likes

Do you have a video on how to do it? I am a little bit confused.

1 Like

Here’s a picture… after you adjust the regulator, then while holding the adjustment screw at the head, screw down the jam nut (blue arrow pointing to it) against the regulator body to keep it from changing.

6 Likes

Ok thank you!
20 char

2 Likes