Pole descoring/reversing

Does anyone know if you will be able to descore/reverse the caps that have already been scored on a pole?

There isn’t one listed in the SG rules so, I don’t think so

You should be able to there isn’t any rule not allowing you to

No, you are unable to do so. SG8 states:
<SG8> Keep Game Objects in the field. Though it is expected that some Game Objects may
unintentionally leave the field during Match play, Teams may not intentionally or strategically
remove Game Objects from the field.
a. Balls that leave the field during regular Match play, accidentally or intentionally, will not be
returned to the field.
b. Caps that leave the field during regular Match play will be returned to the nearest foam tile,
Low Scored for the opposite Alliance color of the last Robot to contact it. If a referee cannot
determine which Robot was the last to contact the Cap, then the Cap will not be returned to
the field.
An intent of this rule is to prevent Robots from “knocking” Caps out of the field to remove them
from Posts. Any strategic, intentional, or repeated removal of Game Objects from the field would
be considered a violation of this rule.
Minor violations of this rule that do not affect the Match will result in a warning. Match Affecting
offenses will result in a Disqualification. Teams that receive multiple warnings may also receive a
Disqualification at the Head Referee’s discretion.

You can’t destack. Section B of SG8.

What if you descore without knocking it out?

for example you could pick it up drop it on foam tile flip it then restack

Don’t think so. I included a screenshot of the rulebook section that addresses this. Ask in the Q&A just to be 100% sure.
Screen Shot 2018-04-28 at 4.42.46 PM.png

I don’t think this means you can’t descore caps at all, just that you can’t descore by just knocking them off (like in Skyrise). Hopefully this is cleared up soon.

I think descoring it intentionally, regardless of whether or not it fell into or out of the field, would rule as SG8. Again, just my interpretation here. I definitely think we should wait for GDC ruling.

You keep referencing not being allowed to knock things out of the competition field as a reason you can’t de-score. That’s totally different than what people are asking. The rule you quoted says absolutely nothing about de-scoring in general.

My interpretation of this rule is that it is preventing teams from descoring SPECIFICALLY by knocking the caps out of the field, but if you descore without knocking it out, then you’re fine.

@callen Fair point. I reread the rule, and nowhere does it mention descoring within the field. I would guess that it’s a legal maneuver then until ruled as not by the GDC.

I’m pretty sure they won’t rule against it. Think about the style of the game. It’s about flipping things and flipping them back. It would seem they want you to be able to pick up stuff from a pole, flip it, and put it back.

I’m positive that it will be ruled as legal because, as @callen mentioned, it is part of the nature of the game. This game would basically “end” really quickly if you couldn’t flip those caps already on the poles.

So disk are allowed to be descored we all agree right

Yes. Just to be sure, I would ask in the Q&A to make sure descoring isn’t illegal. But it should be legal; otherwise the game would end very quickly.

Just make sure your caps are descored within the field perimeter.

Are nothing but net balls the same balls that are being used this year

No, those were 4 inch and were foam. These are 3 inches and plastic.

I believe you should be able to take caps off of the poles, because if they couldn’t be flipped then I feel the outcome would be decided very early in the match.