Port one not working !!!

On my robot I had one motor left and the only port remaing is port 1 so i got a 2 wire extender and i pluged it in and it wouldnt work so the i disconected it and I grabbed another motor and i pluged it in with out the extender and it still did not work i have it programed to a joy stick and i recheaked my program and it wasnt that. Now my team is stuck and dont have a idea to do because because our comption is sat and it a main part on our lift . please help us

Use a Y cable to connect 2 of your motors to the same port. You still have 9 ports and 12 motors you can plug into those ports. Use 3 Y cables and you can still plug everything into your cortex.

the motor controller in that port is burnt and unusable. This is a very common issue. we had it happen to 2 cortexes. 1 and 10 are always the first to go. 6210z is right, you end up having to y cable things together. Even if they do work, I like to stick with 2-9 when I can.

I’m pretty sure that there is a limit of 2 Y cables

There is a limit of one Y-cable per cortex port, but if you wanted you could put all 12 of your motors on 6 Y-cables.

<R12>
A maximum of one (1) VEX Y cable can be used per Motor Port of the Microcontroller or Power Expander. (You cannot “Y off a Y” to have more than two (2) motors controlled by the sameMotor Port.)
a.Teams using the VEX ARM® Cortex® based Microcontroller can only power one (1) 2 wire Motor per each of the two 2 wire motor ports on the Microcontroller. It is illegal to “Y” off a 2 wire Motor Port.
b.Teams may not “Y” off a Motor Controller 29