Possessed robot

so i have uploaded a program to my robot using Robot C and i turn it on and immediately it turns on by itself and i have no control using the controller

things are really not going in my favor

has anyone else had this problem

Well, for starters, did you use V4 motors for RobotC

2 Likes

yes they are the vex 2- wire motor 393 and it is a v4 cortex yes

can you show the coding here?

1 Like

#pragma config(Motor, port2, Left1, tmotorVex393_MC29, openLoop, reversed)
#pragma config(Motor, port3, Left2, tmotorVex393_MC29, openLoop, reversed)
#pragma config(Motor, port4, Right1, tmotorVex393_MC29, openLoop)
#pragma config(Motor, port5, Right2, tmotorVex393_MC29, openLoop)
#pragma config(Motor, port6, Claw, tmotorVex393_MC29, openLoop)
#pragma config(Motor, port7, Arm, tmotorVex393_MC29, openLoop)
//!!Code automatically generated by ‘ROBOTC’ configuration wizard !!//

task main()
{
while(true){
motor[Left1]= vexRT(Ch3); //Takes the value from the joystick, on a scale from -127 to 127, and sets the Left1 motor to that value.
motor[Left2]= vexRT(Ch3); //Motors are on the same -127 to 127 scale as the joysticks are
motor[Right1]= vexRT(Ch2); //Same for the 3 other motors, but reversed for the Right side
motor[Right2]= vexRT(Ch2);
}
}

why was this post withdrawn sorry im new to the forum

1 Like

In Robot C, under Robot make sure that you have it set to VEXnet and not USB only. Then re-download the program.

1 Like

ill try that thanks hope it works cause this robot is irritating

I made a post asking for code a millisecond after you posted the code.

2 Likes

Our team had this condition and for some reason they didn’t use the motor controller 29s when connecting the motor. The motors are 2 wire devices, the cortex has 3 wire motor ports for port 2-9 and the controllers make the conversion of signal type and from 3 wire to 2 wire.

Do you have motor controller 29s in use?

If you don’t have the controller, the motor essentially just gets a full voltage signal and turns on.

2 Likes

oh lol okay (20 characters)

yes i have motor controllers in use and the robot does not like it and moves on its own i cant even connect the controller without the robot moving

Lets simplify this. Comment all the stuff with the joystick and put in something simple like… inside your while loop try this…

motor[Left1] = 60;
wait1Msec(2000);
motor[Left1] = 0;

when you run the program it should only run the one motor at roughly half speed for 2 seconds, then stop. If that works correctly, then its something in the code.

If it doesn’t theres something wrong with the hardware.

1 Like

ok ill try this when i get to school tomorrow

1 Like

Also computers only do what there programmed to do :upside_down_face:

i know lol this is my second year doing robotics but ive never hasd this many problems

1 Like

good news people i fixed it thank you for your help

Glad to here it is working!
:slight_smile: