Potentiometer returning weird values..

I have the robot plugged into the computer and robotC open. When I move the arm up and down, the potentiometer returns a value of 25 when the arm is on the ground and 35 when it’s all the way up.

I know this isn’t right and I’m not sure if it’s broken or not.
Thanks,
Vincent

Is the main cortex battery connected and turned on ? There’s no power to the pot without the main battery even though you can get power for the CPU over the USB cable.

The potentiometer could have gone out of range when you lifted the arm. The sensor is supposed to have a lock to prevent that, but it is easily broken. The result is that the values go wacky and usually cycle back to the beginning. The easiest way to check for this is to what the values of the potentiometer at different heights, lower, low, medium, high, higher, etc.

If the sensor is being reset or reaches the min/max before you want it to, try rotating the sensor to get desire results. If the range of the potentiometer (260°) is below your shaft range, you’ll need to move the potentiometer to a shaft where it’ll work.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the help. The problem was what you said, the potentiometer limits were broken and replacing it made it work.

Our presets are working well :smiley: